My first real attempt at British scrollwork. Also the first time I’ve ever blackened engraving. The customer did not want full coverage like I normally prefer to do.
More work on my 1903. Just some black cerakote and hand made cherry burl grips.
Here’s a few pictures of a 1911 I just finished engraving for a customer. I had about nine hours into this one.
I’ve been working hard on this 1903. It’s almost done, it just needs some more polishing, and some shading, then it’s off to the bluing tanks.
I’ve spent about eight hours so far engraving this colt 1903. It isn’t finished yet, but here’s a bunch of photos of random times throughout the process.
Here’s a scrap chunk of aluminum I used to practice engraving some scrollwork.
It’s been almost a year since I’ve posted anything on here, so I have lots of cool stuff and projects to post about. Stay tuned. Here’s today’s project. I’ve been teaching myself to engrave.
One day I really wanted to learn the banjo, so I made one quick.
Here’s the designs for the .314 Atlas rounds. They should be more than safe up to about 23000 psi if they’re machined from 1018 cold rolled steel. I’m still developing a load for them so I really don’t have too … Continue reading
Here’s an old school project. As I understand it this was a final test of a lathe apprentice’s skills before he was released into the world to become a machinist. This is an aluminum turners cube. I need a few … Continue reading